Friday, September 28, 2007

New ACEO Art Card "Asian Dreams III".... Tom the Halloween Cat.... Four Freedoms Speech by Roosevelt.... Apostrophe Police



FLASH: Be sure to check out Rick's astronomy website (Rick's Astroblog) in the list on the left-hand side of my screen here. He's posted a great astrophoto of the Elephant's Trunk Nebula that looks like it's on fire. He's used a photo pallette of orange and white so it fits right in with this Halloween season ;)

***********************
Here is another aceo art card to be listed Saturday (Sept. 29) on Ebay (6:00 Ebay time)Ebay #220155076249. All of my art cards start at $4.99. Such a deal! Note the beautiful sunflower yellow Michigan fall leaves I incorporated under many THICK coats of decourpage which gives the whole thing real texture and dimension.





*************************
And here is a new art card (ACEO) that I just got from Lynn Bonnette Buchner. See all that teeny tiny detail? That is the original size of her paintings. i.e., they aren't shrunk down to that size. Check out her portfolio on EBSQart.com.

P.S. Look who's enjoying her card.... Francine. She just had to see it when she heard it was black cat art ;)





***************************
On a completely different note.... are you watching Ken Burns World War II series? It's excellent, if extremely sad. But everyone needs to watch it. I was taken by the mention of President Roosevelt's "The Four Freedoms" speech. So I googled it. Being a Utopian thinker myself, I believe this is the way things could be, almost should be, right now. Except that human beings would have to give themselves an extra awareness crank or two and it really could be right now. Here is the Four Freedoms portion of a much longer speech. You can read the whole thing by googling " roosevelt four freedoms speech ". It looks like Roosevelt was a utopian thinker too. Note that this speech was given during WWII. Also note that he refers to the world in his speech, not just the USA.


"In the future days, which we seek to make secure, we look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.
The first is freedom of speech and expression -- everywhere in the world.
The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way everywhere in the world.
The third is freedom from want, which, translated into world terms, means economic understandings which will secure to every nation a healthy peacetime life for its inhabitants -- everywhere in the world.
The fourth is freedom from fear, which, translated into world terms, means a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression against any neighbor -- anywhere in the world.
That is no vision of a distant millennium. It is a definite basis for a kind of world attainable in our own time and generation."


Read and heed.

*******************************


Pray tell... I am SOooo guilty of apostrophe over use (these things ""). I love language and emphasis and emotion* and clarity and pointing things out and direction in writing. YES, I plead guilty to emphasis over-use :) I did it! I'm guilty, guilty, guilty! Now, when I can find the apostrophe police website, I will post it here so you can read about my fellow language convicts and I.

***********************

Peace, love, and EMOTION,
Annie

*Emotion overuse: I plead Italian.

PS: All art seen on this blog is copyrighted to the artists who made it.

Who says I don't have good taste in jewelry?
Scroll your mouse over the ring and watch it light up!