Thursday, September 08, 2005

Crit Relief

Yo Bloggers:

As our hearts go out to the human and animal victims of the hurricane, here is an article from the paper today with a fairly comprehensive list of what organizations are in charge of rescuing the crits. The headquarters (The Louisiana Veterinary Medical Assoc) for all these organizations is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and they said "they will be able to use the funds quickly." Here's the address:

LVMA (Louisiana Veterinary Medical Assoc.)
Dr. Walter J. Ernst
Katrina Fund
8550 United Plaza Blvd., Suite 1001
Baton Rouge, LA 70809



In case you can't read my copy of the article, here are the organizations the article says that are managing animal evacuations and recovery plans for New Orleans pets and displaced animals are: Louisiana Soc for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals; the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Assoc; the Louisiana Animal Control Assoc.; and the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine.

Mom and my Ebay auctions are going well. We're auctioning paintings for the humans and the crits and we have 3 bids so far and 6 watchers, (tank ya, Dan) which we're really happy about. If you like science fiction (sci-fi), I'm also autioning my big alien plant too, so go to Ebay and search the word A2H to see mine and a whole lot more terrific paintings all going toward the hurricane victims. Remember, if you are a blogger and win one of my auctions, just let me know and I'll cut ya a generous shipping deal ;o)

Who says I don't have good taste in jewelry?
Scroll your mouse over the ring and watch it light up!