Monday, June 06, 2005

Gnomeland, Tornado Watch, Frames Finished

There's a "Tornado Watch" going on tonight as we speak...


One of my painting teachers had wisely said "paint the painting to fit the frame." I used to think this was a strange philosophy, but now it seems like a wise philosophy. I like elongated look and finding a frame to fit them can be a real pain. I really like the way they turned out, but WHEW, next time I truly am going to get the frames first. You were right, Joe, buy the frame first; THEN paint the painting!




And here are close-ups of characters in the Gnomeland series. Each individual character, The Man, The Gardener, and The Red Hat, have their own persona and I have short stories and descriptions of them and their whole world mapped out in my head. They are long complex paintings with lots of hand-written text on them and I can't get a good scan of the whole paintings, so I can only show part of them. I'll take a photo when I get them in the frames and hope that you'll get the idea of how the whole paintings look from that. I'm planning to use these Gnomies again.






Happy Tornado Season,
* Annie


"Alien Dave" carved wood & oil painted ornie by mom and bro

Who says I don't have good taste in jewelry?
Scroll your mouse over the ring and watch it light up!