Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cooking with Fresh Garlic

Here's the beautiful organic home-grown-absolutely-delicious garlic braid little bro made for my birthday. It's almost too pretty to eat, no?



Here's another little tidbit I learned about cooking with fresh garlic. I'm learning that you don't want to put the fresh garlic in right at first when you start cooking your dish; but wait until the last couple of minutes before the dish is done. I could really tell a difference - it seemed that the fresh garlic actually got kind of burned when I slow cooked it and changed flavor to not-so-good. Now that I'm adding it during the last few minutes of cooking, it tastes much better.

How about you? Ever tried cooking with fresh garlic?

Peace,
Annie

Who says I don't have good taste in jewelry?
Scroll your mouse over the ring and watch it light up!