Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Insectasoid Robot



Before I developed an interest in astronomy, I was into robot building and I'm sure I will be again. Below is The Beetle Robot. I built him and Annie did the artwork. Notice the beady looking eyes and the crooked nose. His body may be made from a plastic slushy top but this little guy moves fast. He runs on 4 AAA batteries, two on top and two on the bottom, has two Radio Shack motors and paperclips for feelers attached to a couple of snap switches. He basically runs around like a bat out of hell and bumps into things. When he bumps something he backs up and turns and runs again. He gets stuck only rarely and if you're patient, he can work his way out of most traps. He's actually easy to build and fun to watch. Here's the link to the tutorial on how to build him: The Beetle Tutorial



Who says I don't have good taste in jewelry?
Scroll your mouse over the ring and watch it light up!